Monday, February 28, 2011

The Art of Bra Fitting

From the time I started wearing a bra, to the time I found myself in the lingerie business; nearly 25 years passed before I was "properly" fitted for a bra! I can not believe it! I must say I did my darndest to figure out my bra size on my own, by reading, trying on and using on-line calculators.  I was measured once at Victoria's Secret, years ago, but they didn't have my size and suggested going up a band size and down in the cup size.  I have to say, I was shocked when I was properly fitted in a bra size I never heard of before! A 30" Band! That is where my passion and drive for this business began. I want to help every woman find her true bra size and discover just what a difference a properly fitting bra can make.   So with that said, there is definitely and art to fitting bras.  It not only requires a tape measure, but an eye for the different shapes of women, and a knowledge of the different styles and manufacturers of bras. 

So what should you expect when you come to Arcella's for a bra fitting?  First of all, I will try to make you as comfortable as possible in the dressing room.  I will start your assesment before you even remove your shirt.  Once your shirt is removed, I will  continue my assesment by measuring you for your band size.  I will then take a measurement over the fullest part of your bust line to get a ballpark of your cup size. This is where the art comes in......while you wait in the comfort of the dressing room, I will bring you a bra to start the fitting process.  I will keep returning with bras until we find the style and size that are perfect for you.  That is it! If I don't have it, I will follow up when the perfect  merchandise comes in.

I realize that this experience may seam a bit unnerving to some of you, but I promise I will do my best to make it a comfortable and enlightening experience.  Soooo,  if you straps are falling down or your girls are talking to your belly button,  it is time for you to consider a bra fitting with yours truly.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment